Applying for the BC E-Bike Rebate Program - Your Step-by-Step Guide and Document Checklist
The Province of British Columbia is paving the way for sustainable transportation with a new rebate program, making e-bikes an affordable and environmentally friendly alternative to traditional motor vehicles. Offering income-based rebates from $350 up to a substantial $1,400, this initiative aims to put e-bikes within reach for individuals across the province.
In a groundbreaking move, the province has dropped the need for car scrapping and has instead committed over $6 million in rebates. It is anticipated that this program will benefit around 9,000 people by significantly reducing the cost of e-bike purchases.
Continue reading as we delve into the mechanics of this transformative rebate program, which is not only revolutionizing transportation choices, but also fostering a more sustainable future for the residents of British Columbia.
How to apply for BC E-Bike rebate?
1. Find your previous year's net income:
To begin your application, you'll need to locate your 2021 or 2022 Notice of Assessment, which is your Income Tax Return document from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). In this document, refer to line 236, labeled "net income." It's important to note down this amount as it is a mandatory detail required in the upcoming application form.
|Amount on Line 236 (Net Income)||E-bike Rebate Amount|
|Less than $38,950,/strong>||$1400|
|Between $38,951 and $51,130||$1000|
|More than $51,130||$350|
2. Get Pre-approved:
Fill in the online application found; https://bcebikerebates.ca/electricbikeclaim/
**Your application will typically be approved within 2 business days.
3. Shop your favourite e-bike:
Once approved, purchase your Ebike either from www.biktrix.ca or from one of our showrooms located in Vancouver or Kelowna. Note that only Ebikes that retail for over $2000 qualify for this program.
2865 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6K 2G6
1963 Harvey Ave, Kelowna, BC V1Y 6G5
4. Get your refund
Submit your claim with the the receipt of purchase, and a picture of your serial number on the bike as shown here: https://bcebikerebates.ca/completeclaim/
Just because you aren't in our showroom with us, it doesn't mean we can't meet up with you to determine which bike is best for you, or to help you with any questions you may have! Here's how:
- Select which video call suits your needs
- Find a date and time that works for you
- Fill in your contact details and any comments that can help us understand your needs
- Verify your information and book your appointment. You will receive an email for confirmation.
If you have a service or assembly question, make sure you:
- Have your bicycle in a well-lit area
- Place your camera in a place where we are able to see/diagnose your bicycle, or specifically, the area in which you have questions
- Please be prompt with your appointment as our meetings can be booked back to back for us to assist other customers efficiently