I have owned 3 -bikes and I was extremely excited to buy a bike that has all the features I want. Unfortunately, their responses to questions and website information are not in alignment with non-working features that come to the surface with a little riding time (145 miles).
1. I got stranded, having to walk several hills over a 5 mile stretch to return home. Amongst listed features is a battery gage (% charge and remaining miles estimate/range). It dropped from 50% to 7% in 3 miles that was mostly downhill. They confirm these readings are “not applicable for accurate tracking and to use voltage reading of 44V” to trigger battery recharge, but it shuts down at 45.4 V. Their response to a fix is, “modifications cannot be made.” My other e-bikes had working battery gages, like those of my biking friends.
2. With seat at maximum height, handlebars are too low to meet recommended level.
3. They said the throttle functions with PA0, which is not the case, but they offered to fix that after pressuring them to deliver what was offered.
4. For safety on public roads, I want the taillight on, but when I do that, the display dims to the point that it cannot be read on a sunny day with sunglasses on.
5. $1037 US$ is the minimum cost to return my bike, so it makes no sense to return. I must live with the flaws.
6. Customer support totally misunderstood my straightforward questions on 3 occasions, putting me through hours of effort for nothing. I am a bit hopeful that there is a misunderstanding regarding resolution for the battery gage. I appears that I am on my own to come up with more comfortable handlebar height. I will try installing type A handlebars to reduce wrist pain I have experienced.
7. Some other relatively minor issues are: motor is noisy compared to a previous 750 watt center drive motor, shifting while going up hill is troublesome. The motors stops between shifts, causing slowdown or stops on steep hills. It shifts more smoothly at full throttle.
On the positive side, the riding experience and workmanship are excellent. It has gobs of power and sails over the steepest hills if desired. I use it with PA0 or PA1 for nearly all my hilly travels. I love the ability to choose any color. Support is quick to respond, but misunderstandings take time to resolve.
My test drive for standard battery capacity gave me 42.1 miles, over 4904 vertical feet total climb at 10.1 average MPH round trip. That is better than my previous e-bikes including one with a 20 ah battery.
I want to give at least 4 stars, but the weakest features are like an anchor that drags the whole experience down.